With less than a week left before British Columbians head to the polls, candidates are beginning their final push to secure votes.
Independent in Fraser-Nicola, Mike Bhangu has recently released his platform for election.
While he won’t have a party backing his ideas, Bhangu is promising to be a vocal MLA and outlined some of his main priorities.
· A state-of-the-art drug rehabilitation facility in every community.
· A fully functioning hospital in Merritt, Hope, Ashcroft, and improved health facilities throughout the riding.
· A reduction in the small business tax load by 50%.
· A reduction in small business and residential rental costs.
· A $500 Monthly Provincial Bonus Subsidy to every retiree.
· A grant for every newlywed to start their future, which includes purchasing a home.
Bhangu was not available for further comment, however, Q101 will be speaking with all five local candidates this week in the lead up to Saturday’s vote.
On Twitter: @Q101Merritt